Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Toast To End All Toasts

Here's to me, and here's to you.
And,..... if by chance we disagree,...
Then to Hell with you, and here's to ME.

I was raised on this toast, and the supposed fact that
it was considered in bad taste to "clink" your glass,
because every time one 'clinked' their glass, a sailor
died at sea. Now, I am not sure about this only going
on what my old man told us time and time again.

I much rather prefer that everytime one 'clinks'
their glass that another angel gets their wings.

We 'planted' the old man on August 4, 2007.
Well part of him lies with his second wife, Maxine.
Suffice to say that she was never a Mother to me,
let alone her own children, or grand babies.
Took the rest of the time to settle the house,and
ready it for the market. In reality we cleaned the
place out in 10 days... no small feat to which the
bulk of the whole mess landed in my stepsister's
lap, and to her I give a hearty applaud,and a rather
loud 'CLINK' on the glass of creme de cacao I am now
drinking.

Sadder still that my Dad's illustrious career ended up
in 2 dumpsters, a very sad reflection of the current
economy of throw away society that thousands of
dollars of very good clothing, and furniture ended up in
there too. I kid you not Salvation Army turned us away,
and by the time we found that out it was too late to get any
one else. Im sick at heart but, it goes to show that if you
haven't used it in at least a year ditch it now while you
have some control over where it goes.

On a lighter note............
The truck is nearly ready to go get put together....
AFTER MONTHS of searching,and talking to
engineers, and frame people and liftgate people
we have narrowed it down, and should have the
truck into some body's garage by the end of the week
early next week IM hoping.

Have a splendid fall...............

No comments: