Saturday, August 26, 2006

First Date in Like I Don't want to Remember

Well good people....
It went off as planned... are these things ever planned at my
age I'm not so sure. It was like my first bona fide date in well
over 40 years!
The sweet man called in the afternoon, want to go to a concert?
ME: Sure whose playing?
KC& the Sunshine Band.
Me: WHO
You've never heard of them and your a Detroit native?
ME: Guess not, doesn't matter I love all music sure, I'll go.
Pick you up at 6:30 okay?
Me: all right.
It's 5pm great what the F do I wear, ack I hafta shower,
wash my mane, find something decent are we sitting on the
lawn, or in the Pavillion, go buy some crackers for the wine
and cheese ahead of time in the parking lot.... go girl GO!

OMG he was on time..... asks me after we pass the last
corner store did you bring glasses for the wine?
ME: Nooooooooo the wine was your responsibilty.
oh well he says we'll just pass the bottle back and forth
We get there, he has all these special passes gets us right up
to the front gate VIP parking, Okay who does this dude
know that he can get tickets at the last second, and park way
up front?
We park he goes to get the tickets, pops the trunk asks me to
set stuff up.... the stinker brought glasses, some divine
cheese, 2 bottles of wine,( thinks he's gonna get me plastered
does he) We never got to bottle #2 or I might have.
We had a spectacular time, he knows alot of people there, they
were coming up all night Hey! man how ya doing, as they
ogled me... the ladies hugged him, glared at me, just kidding
but I told him they'd all be talking when they went back to their
seats...he said why? OMG sometimes guys are slow.. because
you brought someone new with you, and their all curious,
told I still hear stuff about my ex in another country no less, almost 10 years later.. he finally admits Im right!!! He hears stuff about his
ex too, and Yes, they will talk do I mind? And I looked at him,
and said not at all, shall we make the gossip good? He roared!
After the concert, which by the way I reconized the songs, and
yes, we danced in the aisles like everyone else. was good fun.
He brought his binoculars with him... because we are both tall
he's really tall we got the back row.no problem closer to all the
beer...I couldn't hold the binoculars steady, so he held them for me
up to my eyes, I thought it was sweet, we went out for a bite to eat,
listened to some tunes on his stereo, and he played this nice
ballad love song, and sang to me yea it was kinda corny but
it was sweet too, as we danced in a parking lot.then I told him
I know you sing that song to
all your dates.... and he roared again, and admitted yes he does
but, you gotta admit he said it's a nice song well done, and I agreed.
But it still wouldn't get him past 2 base with me too. Age and
a divorce has made me cynical, so keep trying!
He brought me back to the house... tried to get me to his place
by asking if I wanted to see his goldfish swimming! Oh yea?
I didn't see them at your house when I came and trimmed all
your hedges? He said that's cause their in another room...
Oh well not this time but, thanks, he laughed again.

The next night my oldest called me from Vancouver... so Mum
you went out on a date, eh? Uhm yes. then I got the investigator's
question period, job, responsible, shower, wealthy, wise, of course
he asked me out, can't get much wiser than that! Then the next
night youngest kid calls same questions different format... I know
they hash over the answers and woe to me if I answer differently!

We've talked a few times on the phone, no second date at least he
deosn't have to have his date stand on a milk crate to kiss her
goodnight, so who knows might snag another.

No comments: