Friday, August 18, 2006

LOL Couldn't have made it 3 in a row...

Still undecided on font colour, let's try this, sheesh having/ still back spacing more than I am going forward, why worry about the colour let it be enough that I am posting, thank God for spell check, everyone will look like brainiacs even if their not!!!
The ongoing, looks like it will be forever saga of getting on at Landstar. Because they do ALOT of their contracts with the big cheese companies, the background investigation is right up there with crossing the border @ the Detroit Tunnel ,and what happens to YOU when THEY don't ask the right questions... hey not my fault my oldest kid is an Investigator for The Pacific Region of Canada Customs & Excise. I can play the cat and mouse game as well as they can, trouble is I got to sit in teenie tiny seemed like 6' square box while they thought I was stewing, when it all actuality I was resting my eyeballs. I finally after a good nap asked them hey! do you want to see my birth certificate? Oh it was comical when they said yes, why didn't you show it before, and I told them straight up hey you didn't ask to see it. Cardinal Rule of US/Canada broder crossings DON'T OFFER ANY INFORMATION!!!! Answer the questions as short and concise as possible................don't drone on.
Anyways it appears the previous companies I have driven for are resisting sending in my experince with them.... some of the reasons have been down right comical, I am a tad unimpressed with FedExCC in being so slow. But, sure as the sun rising in the East I figured GoBlair an independant company based in Louisville would drag their feet. That the owners are out of the country, and that all their previous driver's records are sitting in their house and the manager can't get to them seems about right. Anyways after talking to the very nice people in recruiting ( sounds like Im joing the Forces) @ Landstar and discussing the afore mentioned companies seems I am again at least a week if not more from getting back on the road:-( <--- BIG SAD FACE
No it doesn't mean I can publish a blog a day as my good friends on the west side of the State do, but I'll see what I can do.

1 comment:

heyitsmedarlin said...

So who did you go with Darlin? I call all women Darlin, hope that it doesn't offend anyone. We are signing up our Sprinter with A. Blair. Had a great talk with Steve their Ops Manager and Recruiter. We are with Panther Expedited now and freight has taken a major hit with them. Hope that your doing well...