Sunday, August 27, 2006

New Job?

Well,....
I think it's almost offical... why the operative word is almost, is
because as I type this out I have a 150,000$ rig sitting in the
driveway.. can't believe Im not almost in if they wouldn't let
me have the truck, but don't want to hex my chance, so enough
said.
Spent the better part of the other day sanding, and steel-wooling
all the rust spots of the rims, and then priming,and painting them
I don't own the truck wish in a way I did but if I owned it, it sure
wouldn't have sat out in one if not both of the hurricanes that
ripped through Florida last year. There's too much internal
rust damage, and the fiberglass roof on the cab part has too
much damage for normal wear and tear. That coupled with
who ever has been driving it has no regard for other people's
equipment that I spent all day spiffing it up. I take pride in what
I drive even if it's someone else's truck. It's embarressing to pull
into a shipper or consignee in a filthy truck, you know their
wondering is my freight going to be safe in that truck!
Had Worst-Buy take out the crappy, tinny sounding stereo
system,and install mine, added my XM satellite radio to the
system, the same station the whole run of I-10 from coast to coast
no listening to a good tune, only to leave their broadcast area,and
recieve static grrrrrrrrrrrr so irritating, best toy I ever bought for
work, even better than the CB radio, Oh yes, if your out on the
interstate highways and hear SideSwipeSquirrel on the airwaves...
that's me. Sadly I earned the handle I have sideswiped others:-(
not in a commercial vehicle but I've been there done that deed.
I added Squirrel to my handle. because there is another SideSwipe
out there, so I have company!!

No comments: